Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Men Are Funny Creatures

Well another cross-stitch finished. I finished my little heart sampler yesterday, a relief to David!! Men are funny are they not, maybe unexplainable would be a better description!! David had been a little jealous of my cross-stitching over the last week (though he would not admit it to you!), I have been doing little bits of it every night as this is usually the only time I get to do it when Samantha is asleep and the house tidy, so David has been feeling little left out as I am busy and not able to tickle his feet as I usually do in the evenings. Any way here is the final product...




Th amazing thing is David even said it was very nice and that I had done a good job, I think he was just relieved it was finished! Sadly for him and his feet I have others planned! Oh that almost sounds a bit evil of me doesn't it??? The sampler is now hanging on the dining room wall with me other cross-stitch....





The kitchen sampler in the middle is my biggest cross-stitch achievement to date and I am very proud of it I must say. I made this just after I had my son Spencer nearly 11 years ago, it took a while but I loved every minute of it....







I love everything on it, my dream house would be a cottage in a field somewhere with all these things in it! Well dreams are free are they not?



Any way David made up for his miffyness (just made that up, I like it) last night, I gave Samantha a bath and when I came out and went into our room this is what awaited me...


It's a little hard to see, but he spelt out I Love You in my strawberry candy which is even cuter because the candy has little hearts in the middle!! I know, I know you all just ran to get buckets to throw up into, but to me an unashamed total romantic, who never gets romance, and I mean NEVER this was gold!!!! It was so sweet of him, get it SWEET=CANDY, oh never mind! I love you so much my darling David xxxx
Well I better go plan my next craft project....I want to make my sister D a birthday present, what do you make someone who can make things better than I can can???????







2 comments:

campbellgirl said...

Awwwwww, that Dave is a real honey at heart.

I'm liking your cross stitch gallery, it's looking right nice. xx D.

Papoosue said...

How romantic is that! Your cross stitch is gorgeous.