Monday, August 6, 2007

Craft Overload

It has been a very productive couple of week for me with my craft. Looking at other peoples blogs has really inspired me and giving me some get up and go with my craft. My head has hundreds of ideas going threw it, mainly at about 2am!!! Why do the best ideas come at ungodly hours????


I finished this cute little kit that mum sent over...







I sewed it to some scrap fabric I had laying around and then put it in a little frame I had.





Then I decided to do a bit more to the first cross stitch kit that mum sent me, and this is how it turned out...











I added a couple of gorgeous little beads, one of a butterfly and one of a dragonfly..













Stuck it into a card, then put that onto some card stock from my scrap booking supplies, adding a gorgeous ribbon to the bottom and a quote to the the top. The quote says " Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower". I think it looks really lovely and now just have to find a frame to do it justice!







I went to my all time fav store Spotlight on Sunday.It is a craft persons dream come true!!! I walked around lusting after all these things that I couldn't get!!! But I did get a few beads that I couldn't walk past, some fat quarters because they were just to lovely to leave there, some quilting batting and some charms.







With the beads I purchased I thought I would give jewellery making a try, and this is what I made...





Not a bad effort I thought. Spencer thought I did a great job and Samantha loves playing with it, she loves the noise it makes!! May have to plain another trip to Spotlight to get some more beads I think, any excuse to go back!!!!




The last project I have been working on is another cross-stitch kit mum sent (yes another one)....



I changed the format a bit and changed the colours as well, then added these cute heart charms, again from Spotlight. I have done a bit of quilting on it and want to add something else, but don't want to give it away just yet. Have decided not to put it in a frame I am going to out tabs at the top and hang it like that. Will keep you posted.





1 comment:

campbellgirl said...

Oh P, those are so pretty! I really like the quote you found to go with the cross stitch, it's just right! Love the heart charm piece - beautiful. Way to go, l'il sis. xxxx D