Sunday, February 8, 2009

Why????

I am fighting back tears as I write this post. Our state is in turmoil. Fire rages across much of it leaving a trail of destruction that is unbelievable!!!











So far 108 people are dead, 750 houses have been burnt to the ground and 31 fires still burn, 10 still out of control!!!! They are expecting the death toll to reach nearly 200, if not more. Complete towns have been wiped from the map!!!! And what really hurts is that many of these fires were deliberately lit!!!! How the hell some one could do that, cause this much pain for so many people and then live with themselves is beyond my comprehension!!!!


I should add these photos are not taken any where near us. We are safe for now but are told by the CFA (local fire fighters) to be prepared to leave at a moments notice, so we have photos, documents and clothes packed just in case.
I was going to put some photos of Davids car covered in ash and our packed bags on here, but they seem meaningless and silly now after everything else and what other people are going through!!!
Please keep those who have lost loved ones and all they own in your prayers and hearts.

3 comments:

Papoosue said...

Oh Pauline, it is so awful. I don't know why people do such wicked things, I really don't it's just senseless. I can't imagine how these people who have been directly affected by the fires are coping, my heart goes out to them. I am so glad it is not close to you and that you are all prepared to move should you need to. I was going to say try not to get yourself too upset, but how could you not be. Take care of yourself and the family. (((hugs)))

Papoosue said...

Come on over and collect an Award :-) Susan xx

Papoosue said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog Pauline :-) I was so relieved to get your message, have been worrying about you all and wondering how things are near to you. I'm glad you are all safe and well prepared if you need to move. Take care and love to you all. XXXX