Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Birthday Girl

Our little girl turns 2 on the 15th!!! Where has the time gone??? It just seems like yesterday I was in the hospital having her! Any way David and I went shopping for her present yesterday, we wanted to get her a doona (duvet) for her her bed and a cover for it, and this is what we decided on...

Its not very clear but it has flowers and butterflies and little girls skipping, it is so cute, I love it!

Samantha saw it and kept saying "flowers", I think she likes it

We also finally got her a wardrobe, hers is the only bedroom that didn't have a built in one so we have been looking for one that I like (yes I'm fussy), and we finally found one at a garage sale on the weekend...


It had hideous pine handles on it that I took off and replaced with brass pull handles, much nicer. It has a few scratches and marks on it but it's pointless sanding it and making it perfect when Samantha and her cousins are just going to ride things into it and make more scratches, so I'll wait until she's a bit older then sand and varnish it. And it matches her bed perfectly, which I didn't even think about when we we bought it! Oh yeah the best thing is it only cost $10!!!!!

Having a get together at our place on Sunday for her birthday so will let you know how that goes.

2 comments:

campbellgirl said...

Oh that's lovely! And what a nice big wardrobe for hiding from mummy in! It does only seem like yesterday when I was so worried about you and Sam; now, how wonderful it is each time I see a picture or hear a story about my precious wee niece. Big hugs and kisses for anyone who wants them! xxxoooxxx

Papoosue said...

Awww, her bedroom looks lovely, Pauline. Her duvet cover is really pretty and her wardrobe, well - what a bargain!I can't believe Sam will be 2 - how the time flies.