Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wedding Bells

Well people I have news.....We are Getting Married!!!!!!!!

We have decided to get married in Spring 2008, late October here in Oz. No set date yet, but I have begun planning with a vengeance!!!! We are going to have a simple ceremony in our backyard with family and a few close friends. I have chosen a pink and cream theme, with roses.

Bought my dress yesterday off Ebay............





Nothing to flash, but I saw it and loved it, just felt right and the lady selling it was lovely and help full. Looking at wearing a long veil hanging down my back ( not over face) some sandals and maybe a bone carving my dad made as he won't be there it will be a piece of him close to me.


The girls, my sister Diane, Davids daughter Celeste and Samantha will all be in varying shades of pink and the boys will be in black pants and cream shirts. No ties at this wedding, David would rather die than wear a tie!! That's fine with me, he has to be comfortable to.


I am planning on doing the flowers myself, a bunch of cream roses wrapped in satin ribbon for me...




And a single pink rose tied with ribbon bow for each of the girls.


Going to make cake myself to (God willing), a single layer chocolate cake with ribbon around the sides and roses, real or maybe icing ones, on the top and scattered around the sides, similar to this....





I have been having a million ideas going through my head so have bought a book that I covered in quilters batting and lace so I can keep all our plans and ideas in it and know where everything is....





If anyone has any ideas about decorating a backyard please feel free to share, I have a few ideas but more are very welcome.

Will keep you up to date with plans

2 comments:

campbellgirl said...

Oooh, oooh, I wanna make bunting/pennants in soft pink and cream fabrics strung on ribbon! Can I? Can I? Pleeeeeease?

Lovely post, P. I was touched by your idea of wearing Dad's bone pendant. I'm sure Dad will be touched by it too. xxx D

Papoosue said...

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Pauline! Oh I want to come too, it sounds so lovely and just, well, oh I'm going to cry...

Okay, I've recovered, sniff.. I can't wait to see the photos already and I LOVE your dress, it's just perfect. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX