Monday, October 8, 2007

A Gift for my Sister


Well I finally sent parcel to my sister for her birthday (later this month), she received it yesterday so I can finally show you all the secret things I have been making her.

I sent her a whole pile of scrapbooking supplies, and I made her the following...












I handmade this bag for her. It all stemmed from the little cat charm and grew from there. It took me a while to make it but I was very proud of my accomplishment, and not a sewing machine in sight!!!




I got a free gift in a magazine over here months ago, it was a little photo album and it took me a while to work out what I was going to do with it, but I finally decided to make a little album about Samantha....


























Once I had finished this I decided to do one about Spencer as well...










I found it a lot easier to do Samantha's, I have to admit I have trouble doing boy scrapbooking, I mean you can't use pink, lace and flowers, all the things I like using!! But I'm happy how Spen's one turned out.
Diane sent a message yesterday saying that she cried when she saw them, which made me cry! She hasn't met Samantha yet and last saw Spen Christmas '05', she will see him this Christmas as Spen is going over to be with his dad in NZ for the Christmas holidays, so will probably get to spend a few days with my family over as well.
Hope you liked everything sis and I hope you have the best birthday on the 31st.
I love you so very much
xxx

1 comment:

Papoosue said...

Well aren't you just the best sister ever? Those gifts are lovely Pauline - the bag is gorgeous, I can't believe you did it all by hand you clever thing you. And the little scrapbooks are amazing, no wonder Big Sis cried when she got her gifts, they are so special - things she can keep forever.

On the subject of Christmas organisation - I am only so smug because usually I am not that organised!! I have some things bought for the kids too. I have to get started early so I have enough money! xxxx