Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Where Do I Start!!!!!!

Hi all, sorry it has been a while but so much has been happening here! Ok where do I start? Ok first my dad....



I got a phone call a couple of weeks ago from my mum, and I knew right away something was wrong. She told me dad had been taken to hospital the night before, he had been vomiting blood and collapsed in bed. I can't tell you how that made me feel!!!! She said they were doing tests and she would let me know as soon as they knew anything. Of course I have all these cancer thoughts and "oh god what if he dies" He still hasn't met my husband or our daughter!!!! And I haven't seen him in nearly 4 years!!! I was a mess the whole day, until David and his dad, Ray said to me don't panic until you know for sure what is going on. I think the waiting was the hardest thing. Finally got a message from dad himself on the Wednesday (he went into hospital Sunday morning), he was home and had two peptic ulcers. Needless to say I cried with relief! Dad and I have had a few ups and downs in our relationship, but I love him so very much and the thought of him not being there is hard to think about, but I think this has made us all realise he is nearly 80 and his health is not to good, we should all make the most of him while he is here. I love you dad xxx




I better introduce you all to the newest member of the Spinks clan....




Summer Rose Spinks



David's brother, Andrew and his partner Ashley had their baby, FINALLY, 8 days past due date on 30 MAy 2009 at 12.02am, Grandad Ray's birthday. They thought they were having a boy, just a feeling they had, but turns out they were wrong, another girl!!! Out og 10 grand kids there are now 3 boys and 8 girls!!!!


And lastly, I finally finished Samantha's blanket, my first major crochet project.....


I am so very proud of it and it looks great in her room. What to make next, mmmmmm??????

1 comment:

campbellgirl said...

O.M.G!!!! Blankie is AMAZING; it's so beautiful P, GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Summer Rose. Sigh. What a gorgeous name. Gorgeous babe too.

Dad. Yes, it's hard to think of him not being around. Thank God he is ok for now, and for all of us being reasonably healthy and whole.

Love you, P. xxx D.